We once again invite you to join with Brookside Knits members in a spring 2017 knit-along. We hope you will join us not only in knitting now but also in sharing at next year’s Knit Out.
Our members have made three suggestions for knit-along projects this year. Each will fit the tastes, needs, or skills of some.
by Jennifer Weissman is “a fully reversible scarf or wrap featuring stripes, lace and elegant pointed tips.” It uses three colors of fingering yarn, and has instructions for sizes Small and Large. Check out the Projects link for color ideas and plenty of pictures. There is a small, reasonable charge for the pattern, and, if you like, a kit is available at Craftsy.
- Ravelry/Changing Lights: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/changing-light
- Craftsy/Changing Lights: https://www.craftsy.com/knitting/kits/changing-light-dyed-by-lorna-s-laces-scarf-knitting-kit/470545
by Donna Smith is “a quick knit and it makes an ideal introduction to Fair Isle colour work knitting.” It is designed for Aran/worsted weight yarns and is knit in the round. Smith also designed the Baa-ble Mittens and Cowl. There is a charge for each pattern. The designer reminds us that the gauge is quite tight so a gauge square is especially important. A clever Ravelry surfer will find an assortment of spinoffs of these patterns.
- Ravelry/Baa-ble Hat: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baa-ble-hat
- Ravelry/Baa-ble Mittens and Cowl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baa-ble-mittens-and-cowl
by Purl Soho is a free pattern available on its website. A Danish term, “hygge,” stresses the cozy and content feeling you get knitting and snuggling up during the winter months: the Pivot Cowl is “hygge.” Simple garter stitch uses short rows that create the “pivot.” Purl Soho suggests their cashmere merino yarn in DK weight, but the many Projects listed on Ravelry offer other soft yarn suggestions.
- Ravelry/Pivot Cowl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pivot-cowl
- Purl Soho/Pivot Cowl: https://www.purlsoho.com/create/2017/01/06/pivot-cowl/